Demand for addiction counselors is on the rise. These professionals must all receive credentials from agencies in their state. Such licenses are achieved based on one's education, experience, and overall character. In general, addiction counselors need to have a minimum of a baccalaureate degree, though some states offer licensure to those holding associate degrees. However, one should strive to achieve a graduate degree to ensure the highest salaries, status, and job satisfaction.

The substance abuse counselor profession may be growing and promise healthy salaries, but it is not for everyone. Becoming a substance abuse counselor is more of a calling than an arbitrary choice. It can be very demanding on the substance abuse counselors psyche and can result in stresses at home and elsewhere. However, becoming a substance abuse counselor can also be highly rewarding. There is no higher satisfaction than when a substance abuse counselor hears from addicts who have been sober for multiple years. This page provides information for aspiring substance abuse addiction counselors.

Compare Popular Online Substance Abuse Counseling Programs

What Does an Addiction Counselor Do?

An addiction counselor is a substance abuse professional who works with addicts and alcoholics to help them overcome their substance abuse problems. Substance abuse counselors are responsible for guiding patients through a difficult process that begins with detoxification and then moves through psychologically strenuous steps towards sobriety. Along the way, substance abuse counselors must remain objective, patient, and always focused on providing the very best care. After all, addiction is notoriously difficult to treat, and few find long-term recovery.

Substance abuse counselors utilize a variety of tools to help in this process. Some substance abuse counselors perform individual or group therapy in which they simply speak to their clients, others have a more experiential role and work in modalities as disparate as equine therapy, art therapy, meditation, and music therapy. Substance abuse counselors can also have a more educational function in which they help addicts understand the biology and even sociology behind their behaviors.

Substance abuse counselors work in a variety of settings. The typical addiction counselor works in a rehabilitation facility with inpatient or out-patient clients. Since each facility is distinct, no two counselor’s job descriptions are identical. Some work in faith-based facilities that focus on specific religious beliefs as a means to recovery, where others might approach spirituality from a less mainstream angle. These facilities might emphasize things like yoga, nutrition, and meditation.

Why Is Certification Important?

Addiction counselors must become certified to practice their profession. Since this specialty is relatively new, there is little in the way of consistency between each state. Some require lengthy periods in which burgeoning counselors must work under close supervision. Other states have little more than an educational requirement.

Some systems allow counselors to enter the field with little more than a one-year certificate rather than a degree. Their duties and pay scale are appropriately curtailed, however. Nonetheless, a person can attain licensure and then decide to return for more education and a higher level of state certification.

Furthermore, when a person has state licensure in one state, they can either find a state that offers full reciprocity or one that will allow temporary licensure. Most states allow a grace period for those with temporary credentials. Counselors must complete their new state's requirements before the period ends, however, if they wish to remain in the profession.

Finally, state licensure shows that a counselor has satisfied certain requirements and is thus able to practice within the scope of that license. This is very helpful when seeking a job. While experience is always a huge benefit when seeking employment, a license is iron-clad proof of skills and knowledge.

Addiction Counseling Degrees/Certifications

Accreditation is a feature of education that cannot be overlooked. When a program is accredited, that proves to everyone that their graduates have completed a set of courses that meet the standards of an independent accreditation agency. However, a program that lacks accreditation or whose accreditation is lacking in some way will produce graduates whose degrees lack integrity.

In the case of an addiction counseling degree, one's degree must come from an accredited program. In particular, accreditation must meet the requirements of the state licensing board. Students who have non-accredited degrees may have to re-take some or all of their courses from an appropriately accredited institution if they wish to continue towards a career in counseling.

There are many different accrediting agencies, so one should be certain to research which is acknowledged by their state board. Sometimes a simple regional accreditation will satisfy licensure boards, but there are national accreditations that carry more weight, and which might be preferred if not required. Students should probably seek the best national accreditation they can. Not only will this help them attain licensure in a new state, but employers always prefer to hire professionals who have graduated from the best schools.

Find Your Online Addiction Counseling Program

Degree Options

Depending on your state board's licensure education requirements, you could have as many as four options for attaining a license. Some states will license an addiction counselor with only a certificate, where others might require an associate degree as a minimum standard. When approaching the field, one should strive to attain the best and highest degree possible. In particular, consider a bachelor’s degree as a minimum standard. A master’s degree should also be on the radar, as that advanced degree will provide maximum career satisfaction.

One should keep in mind that there are both applied degrees as well as standard academic degrees. With an associate of applied science degree (AAS), for instance, counselors may be able to attain a state credential to practice addiction counseling. However, these degrees often pose problems when students decide to return for a bachelor’s or master’s degree. This is because applied degrees focus on occupational information rather than meeting higher academic standards. Before enrolling in an applied science degree, students should research the outcomes for graduates who later desire higher education.

Ultimately, a Bachelor of Science or Arts degree should serve as a minimum standard. Even if a state board currently has lower standards for the field, that is likely to change. At some point, a counselor with a two-year degree (or less) will likely need to return to school to maintain their license.

If possible, current and future addiction counselors should strive for a master’s degree. That degree will open far more doors, provide higher salaries, and enable higher status positions. Furthermore, a master’s degree can enable one to expand beyond addiction counseling into new clinical areas or even a higher administrative position.

Certification & Licensing Requirements

Though individual states are likely to have widely differing standards for licensure, there are a few general criteria to keep in mind before embarking on a career in addiction counseling. The first hurdle on the way to licensure is education. Consider an accredited bachelor’s degree to be the minimum requirement and work towards a degree that paves the way towards clinical counseling.

After graduation, future counselors will need to pass an examination as set forth by their state boards. Often this test will be a frequent topic in college courses. Either faculty will address it, or students will circulate rumors and other stories attesting to its relative difficulty.

In addition to passing a test, there is often a period of supervised practice. It's common for state boards to require that one's supervisor be licensed and have ample experience in the field. This period can be as short as six months or as long as two years. Remember, each state has particular education requirements. Review the state board website or discuss the matter with an academic adviser.

NCC AP Credentials

National Certified Addiction Counselor, Level I (NCAC 1)

This NCAC credential is the easiest to attain. There is a minimal formal education requirement in that one can attain the certification with only a high school diploma, or an equivalent. Candidates for certification should also complete 6,000 hours or three years of supervised, full-time experience as a substance abuse/addiction counselor. Future counselors should also complete 270 hours of education in the field as well as six hours of ethics coursework and six hours of HIV/other disease training within six years prior to application. Students should then be able to pass the NCC AP’s NCAC Level I exam. Note that the initial credentialing fee is currently $235 and then the credential can be renewed every two years with an additional $200. Additionally, counselors need to complete a minimum of 40 hours of continuing education units (CEUs) every two years. Renewals also require a work history for the previous licensure period and a signed affidavit attesting that one has read and agrees to the NAADAC/NCC AP Code of Ethics.

National Certified Addiction Counselor, Level II (NCAC 2)

This credential requires that candidates hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in substance use disorders/addiction or a related field such as social work, psychology, mental health counseling, etc. Candidates should have a state-issued license as a substance use disorders/addiction counselor or professional counselor and provide proof of at least five years of full-time supervised work in the field. NAADAC will also accept a total of 10,000 hours. On top of the degree requirement, the credential requires 450 contact hours of education in substance abuse disorders/addiction counseling. Applicants must also complete 6 hours of ethics training and then 6 hours of HIV/other pathogen training within the 6 years prior to application. Finally, applicants must provide passing scores on the NCC AP’s NCAC Level II exam, pay a non-refundable initial credentialing fee of $235, and then be prepared to pay $200 every two years after that for licensure renewal. Renewals must also include evidence of 40 CEU hours, a verifiable work history for the past two years, and a signed statement affirming adherence to the NAADAC/NCC AP Code of Ethics.

Master Addiction Counselor

To attain one's MAC credential, you must first hold a master’s degree in substance use disorders/addiction. Applicants might also hold an advanced degree in social work, counseling psychology, marriage and family counseling, or some other related field. Other education requirements include three years of full-time work in the field or a total of 6,000 hours of supervised experience as a substance abuse counselor or other professional, state-licensed counseling position. Applicants need 500 contact hours of education in substance use disorders/addiction, six hours of ethics training, and another six hours of training in HIV/other pathogens within the previous six years. Renewing one's credentials requires that they complete at least 40 hours of CEU coursework every two years, provide a work history for that period, and sign an affidavit declaring knowledge of and adherence to the NAADAC/NCC AP Code of Ethics. Initial credentialing fees are $230 (non-refundable) and renewal fees are $200 (non-refundable).

Nicotine Dependence Specialist (NDS)

For this credential, the NAADAC requires a bachelor’s degree in one of these areas, though there are other options: nursing, substance abuse counseling, respiratory therapy, or pharmacology. They require that applicants show three years full-time or 6,000 hours of supervised work as a healthcare professional. The application must include proof of 270 educational contact hours in a healthcare position. Of those 270 hours, 40 must be dedicated to nicotine.

Additionally, one must complete 6 hours of ethics education and then six more studying HIV/other pathogens within the six years leading up to one's NDS application. Once these education requirements are met, applicants must pass the NDS examination, pay the $230 non-refundable initial credentialing fee, and be prepared to pay an additional $200.00 every two years to maintain this national credential. Furthermore, to maintain the credential, counselors must complete 20 hours of Nicotine-specific and 20 hours of other behavioral health-related CEUs every two years, provide three years of work history, and sign an affidavit attesting that one has read and understands the NAADAC/NCC AP Code of Ethics.

National Certified Adolescent Addictions Counselor (NCAAC)

Addictions counselors who wish to specialize in adolescent care should consider this national certification. Applicants need at least a bachelor’s degree in substance use disorders/addiction or some related field such as social work, mental health counseling, or psychology. Transcripts should also reflect 270 contact hours of academic training in substance use disorders/addiction, including 70 hours of training pertinent to adolescent treatment. Six hours each in Ethics and HIV/related pathogens is also required. The experience requirement for this specialty is quite strenuous, and applicants need a minimum of 10,000 hours or 5 years of supervised counseling; 2.5 years or 5,000 total hours of that experience must be with adolescent clients. To seal the certification process, applicants need to pass the NCAC examination. Note that all of the education requirements require official documentation, including official academic transcripts, and signed documents attesting to the requisite number of supervised hours. Application fees are $230 for the initial application and a $200 renewal fee due every two years. Renewal applications must include a work history for the preceding two years, proof of 40 hours of CEUs, and a signed statement affirming knowledge of, and support for, the NAADAC/NCC AP Code of Ethics.

National Certified Peer Recovery Support Specialist (NCPRSS)

Many who have recovered from their addictions wish to turn around to help others in a professional capacity. The NCPRSS is the perfect credential to help gain a foothold in the field. To qualify, applicants need only to have a GED or a high school diploma. The experience requirement is also lower than what is required of other certificate holders as applicants need only 200 hours of direct practice in a peer recovery environment. A supervisor must verify that experience and then an additional 60 contact hours in academic training is required. Of that, 48 hours must be in the fields of case management, community/family education, screening/intake, or basic pharmacology, among other topics. The remaining twelve hours should be split between ethics training and HIV/other pathogens education. Note that any college credit can be applied towards education/training for this credential. Applications must include official academic transcripts, two references including one from the profession, passing scores on the NCC AP’s NCPRSS exam. Completed applications should be accompanied by a payment of $235, non-refundable.

National Clinical Supervision Endorsement

Counseling professionals who wish to codify their supervisory experience and abilities should seek out NCSE credentials. To apply, applicants need to show a minimum formal education at the bachelor’s level. Official transcripts should reflect a regionally accredited institution of higher learning, and all applicants should be licensed counselors in good standing. Accepted academic work includes degrees in social work, mental health counseling, and psychology. The credential education requirements also include 10,000 total hours, or five years of full-time experience working as a substance use disorder/addiction counselor. That time must include two years or 4,000 hours working in direct clinical supervision. Of those hours, 200 must be under the supervision of a licensed professional. A total of 30 contact hours of education and training in the substance use disorder/addiction field should include a total of 12 hours split evenly between training/education for ethics and HIV/other pathogens. Completed applications should be accompanied by a payment of $235, non-refundable, and should include passing scores on the NCC AP’s NCPRSS exam.

Additional Certifications & Licensing

Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)

State boards must license professional counselors to practice their trade. Every state licensing agency has its own criteria, but there are a few general guidelines that should be helpful. First, aspiring LPCs should attend and graduate from an accredited program where they complete the requisite number of credit hours in mental health counseling, social work, or an affiliated field. Most states require a master’s degree to work as a counselor, but those criteria are often lower for addiction counselors. Note that some states may require a certain number of credits in particular courses, augmented by elective credits in specific areas. State boards also require a set number of supervised hours. Frequently, they require two years of full-time work as a counselor, but more time may be required. Potential counselors also need to verify ethics training, provide a background check, and have professional references that attest to both stellar character and professional competence.

Certified Chemical Dependency Professional(CCDP)

This credential can sometimes be attained by completing a graduate certificate program. Admissions education requirements for those programs often entail an undergraduate degree in social work, psychology, or mental health counseling. Other states will require licensees with a credential such as Substance Use Disorder Professional (SUDP) with only an associate degree in human services or a related field. For those with an associate degree, their state may require 2,500 supervised hours in the field, but that number may be higher depending on the state. It may be possible to qualify for state licensure if the board recognizes a national certification. For instance, the Master Addiction Counselor credential from the National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors will suffice in Washington State, among other national credentials.

Licensed Associate Substance Abuse Counselor (LASAC)

Frequently, state licensing agencies offer this credential as a second-tier licensure for substance abuse counselors. Though different states have their own schemas for how they rank licenses, the LASAC can be the next step after one has worked for a while as a licensed substance abuse counselor technician. Arizona, for example, uses this sort of hierarchy. To become a LASAC, applicants are usually required to have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution. Their degree should be in psychology, social work, or a closely related field. State boards often require certain courses and transcripts should reflect a balance of coursework above the introductory, or 101, level. Examinations, ethics courses, background checks, and references are frequent education requirements for licensure. If an applicant has any infractions on their background check, they should be prepared to address those issues and document that the matters are now closed to the satisfaction of the court.

Licensed Alcoholism and Drug Counselor (LADAC)

To qualify for this credential, applicants should have an educational and experiential background that proves to their state board that they have full working knowledge of the various drug and alcohol problems they seek to treat. This proof is based on academic achievements, supervised experience, and successful passage of a standard examination for the field. Every state board will have their own standards for licensure, but most will require a bachelor’s degree, though some may accept an associate’s degree. Students should be sure to discuss this issue with their academic adviser. For those who are working in the field as unlicensed workers, they can discuss the matter with licensed professionals who will have the requisite information. Applicants will likely need to submit a background check, complete a lengthy (up to 5 years) period of supervised practice, and pass a standardized examination adequate to their license level.

Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC)

This licensure level can be attained with a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university or greater. Successful applicants typically have a degree in social work, psychology, or some other related field. However, state boards are interested in the coursework they find on an official transcript. For this field, an official transcript should reflect successful coursework in covering content areas that include, but are not limited to abnormal psychology, human development, personality theory, theories of addiction, and cultural sensitivity. The experiential portion of one's application can span from 350 hours to five years of supervised training. As with most state credentials, a background check is imperative, as is ethics training and letters of recommendation.

Certified Addiction Counselor Salary

Certified addiction counselors earn a wide range of salaries that are based on regional standards, education level, and licensure considerations. However, according to, the average salary for professionals meeting this description is $38,416. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reflects a slightly higher median salary for 2018, $44,630. The BLS also indicates that the field is poised to grow much faster than average in the years between 2016 and 2026: 23%. The rapid expansion of pharmaceutical drug addiction might be fueling this dramatic uptick in demand.

Career Outlook

The outlook for addiction counselors is quite good. The Opioid Epidemic is spreading opioid addictions throughout the nation. The dramatic rise in opioid prescriptions and the subsequent addiction then triggers heroin markets in areas where the drug was once unheard of. Other prescription drugs such as Adderall, Ritalin, and Benzodiazepines are likewise triggering addiction problems across the population.

Because of this and other reasons, the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that demand for addiction counselors will continue to rise, precipitating a 23% expansion through 2026. Until significant social policy arises to reign in the problem, licensed addictions counselors should find a healthy employment market.

Featured Schools and Programs


Counselor Licensing and Certification Boards by State

  • State : Alabama
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Alabama Board of Examiners
  • Boards Abbrev: ABEC
  • Licensing Abbreviations : LPC, ALC
  • Website :
  • Address : 950 22nd St N #765, Birmingham, AL 35203
  • Phone # : (205) 458-8716
  • State : Alabama
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners
  • Boards Abbrev: AZBBHE
  • Licensing Abbreviations : LASAC, LISAC, LSAT
  • Website :
  • Address : 1740 W Adams St #3600, Phoenix, AZ 85007
  • Phone # : (602) 542-1882
  • State : Arkansas
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Arkansas Board of Examiners in Counseling
  • Boards Abbrev: ABEC
  • Licensing Abbreviations : LADAC, LAADAC, CADAT
  • Website :
  • Address : 101 E Capitol Ave #202, Little Rock, AR 72201
  • Phone # : (501) 683-5800
  • State : California
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Board Of Behavioral Sciences
  • Boards Abbrev: BBS
  • Licensing Abbreviations : CADC, CAODC, LPCC
  • Website :
  • Address : 1625 N Market Blvd S-200, Sacramento, CA 95834
  • Phone # : (916) 574-7830
  • State : Connecticut
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Connecticut Certification Board
  • Boards Abbrev: CCB
  • Licensing Abbreviations : CADC, LADC
  • Website :
  • Address : 98 S Turnpike Rd Suite D, Wallingford, CT 06492
  • Phone # : (203) 284-8800
  • State : Delaware
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : The Delaware Certification Board
  • Boards Abbrev: DCB
  • Licensing Abbreviations : CADC, LADC
  • Website :
  • Address : 298 S Progress Ave, Harrisburg, PA 17109
  • Phone # : (717) 540-4456
  • State : Florida
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Florida Credential Board
  • Boards Abbrev: FCB
  • Licensing Abbreviations : CRSS, CAC, CAP, MCAP
  • Website :
  • Address : 1715 S Gadsden St, Tallahassee, FL 32301
  • Phone # : (850) 222-6314
  • State : Georgia
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Georgia Addiction Counselors Association, The Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia
  • Boards Abbrev: GACA, ADACBOG
  • Licensing Abbreviations : CADC-I, CADC-II, CAADC, CIT, CCS
  • Website :
  • Address : 4015 S Cobb Dr SE, Smyrna, GA 30080 | PO BOX 250449
  • Phone # : (770) 434-1000
  • State : Hawaii
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Department of Health, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division
  • Boards Abbrev: ADAD
  • Licensing Abbreviations : CSAC, CCS, CCJP, CPS
  • Website :
  • Address : 601 Kamokila Blvd # 360, Kapolei, HI 96707
  • Phone # : (808) 692-7528
  • State : Idaho
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Idaho Board of Alcohol/Drug Counselor Certification
  • Boards Abbrev: IBADCC
  • Licensing Abbreviations : CADC, ACADC
  • Website :
  • Address : 1404 N Main St Ste #102, Meridian, ID 83642
  • Phone # : (208) 468-8802
  • State : Illinois
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Illinois Certification Board
  • Boards Abbrev: IAODAPCA
  • Licensing Abbreviations : CADC, CRADC, CSADC, CAADC
  • Website :
  • Address : 401 E Sangamon Ave, Springfield, IL 62702
  • Phone # : (800) 272-2632
  • State : Indiana
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Behavioral Health & Human Services Licensing Board
  • Boards Abbrev: PLA
  • Licensing Abbreviations : LAC, LCAC
  • Website :
  • Address : 402 W Washington St # W072, Indianapolis, IN 46204
  • Phone # : (317) 234-2064
  • State : Iowa
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : The Iowa Board of Certification
  • Boards Abbrev: IBC
  • Licensing Abbreviations : tCADC, CADC, IADC, IAADC
  • Website :
  • Address : 225 NW School St, Ankeny, IA 50023
  • Phone # : (515) 965-5509
  • State : Kansas
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board
  • Boards Abbrev: KSBSRB
  • Licensing Abbreviations : LAC, LMAC, LCAC
  • Website :
  • Address : 700 SW Harrison St #420, Topeka, KS 66603
  • Phone # : (785) 296-3240
  • State : Kentucky
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Board of Alcohol and Drug Counselors
  • Boards Abbrev: ADC
  • Licensing Abbreviations : CADC, LCADC
  • Website :
  • Address : 911 Leawood Dr. Frankfort, KY 40601
  • Phone # : 502-564-3296
  • State : Louisiana
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Addictive Disorder Regulatory Authority
  • Boards Abbrev: ADRA
  • Licensing Abbreviations : RAC, CAC, LAC
  • Website :
  • Address : 4919 Jamestown Ave, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
  • Phone # : (225) 361-0698
  • State : Maryland
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists
  • Boards Abbrev: ??
  • Licensing Abbreviations : ADT, CSC-AD, CAC-AD, CPC-AD, LCADC, LGADC
  • Website :
  • Address : 4201 Patterson Ave, Baltimore, MD 21215
  • Phone # : (410) 764-4732
  • State : Michigan
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals
  • Boards Abbrev: MCBAP
  • Licensing Abbreviations : CADC, CAADC, CCS
  • Website :
  • Address : 6639 Centurion Dr Suite 170, Lansing, MI 48917
  • Phone # : (517) 347-0891
  • State : Minnesota
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy
  • Boards Abbrev: BBHT
  • Licensing Abbreviations : LADC
  • Website :
  • Address : 2829 University Ave SE # 210, Minneapolis, MN 55414
  • Phone # : (612) 548-2177
  • State : Mississippi
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Examiners for Licensed Professional Counselors
  • Boards Abbrev: MLPCA
  • Licensing Abbreviations : PCAT, CAT
  • Website :
  • Address : 239 North Lamar St. Suite 402 Jackson, MS 39201
  • Phone # : (601) 359-1010
  • State : Missouri
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Missouri Credentialing Board
  • Boards Abbrev: MCB
  • Licensing Abbreviations : RASAC I, RASAC II, CSAC I, CSAC II, CASAC
  • Website :
  • Address : 428 E. Capitol, 2nd Floor Jefferson City, Missouri 65101
  • Phone # : (573) 616-2300
  • State : Montana
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Board of Behavioral Health
  • Boards Abbrev: BBH
  • Licensing Abbreviations : LAC
  • Website :
  • Address : 301 S Park Ave, Helena, MT 59601
  • Phone # : (406) 841-2300
  • State : Nevada
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Nevada State Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, and Gambling Counselors
  • Boards Abbrev: ADGC-NV
  • Licensing Abbreviations : CADC, LADC, LCADC
  • Website :
  • Address : 4600 Kietzke Ln B-115, Reno, NV 89502
  • Phone # : (775) 689-0562
  • State : New Hampshire
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : New Hampshire Board of Licensing for Alcohol and Other Drug Use Professionals
  • Boards Abbrev: OPLC
  • Licensing Abbreviations : LADC, MLADC
  • Website :
  • Address : 121 South Fruit Street | Concord, NH 03301
  • Phone # : (603) 271-2152
  • State : New Jersey
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : State Board of Marriage and Family Therapy Examiners
  • Boards Abbrev: ??
  • Licensing Abbreviations : LADC, CADC
  • Website :
  • Address : 124 Halsey St, Newark, NJ 07102
  • Phone # : (973) 504-6415
  • State : North Carolina
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : North Carolina Substance Abuse counselor Professional Practice Board
  • Boards Abbrev: NCSAPPB
  • Licensing Abbreviations : CSAC, LCAS, CSAPC, CCJP, CCS
  • Website :
  • Address : 1046 Washington St, Raleigh, NC 27605
  • Phone # : (919) 832-5975
  • State : North Dakota
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : North Dakota Board of Addiction Counseling Examiners
  • Boards Abbrev: NDBACE
  • Licensing Abbreviations : ACT, LAC, MAC
  • Website :
  • Address : 2900 E Broadway Ave # 2, Bismarck, ND 58501
  • Phone # : (701) 255-1439
  • State : Ohio
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Chemical Dependency Professionals Board, Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board
  • Boards Abbrev: ocdp, cswmft
  • Licensing Abbreviations : LICDC, LCDC II, LCDC III
  • Website :
  • Address : 77 S High St 24th Floor, Room 2468, Columbus, OH 43215
  • Phone # : (614) 466-0912
  • State : Oklahoma
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Oklahoma Drug and Alcohol Professional Counselor Association
  • Boards Abbrev: ODAPCA
  • Licensing Abbreviations : CADC, LADC
  • Website :
  • Address : 101 NE 51st St, Oklahoma City, OK 73105
  • Phone # : (405) 521-0779
  • State : Oregon
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists
  • Boards Abbrev: OBLPCT
  • Licensing Abbreviations : CADC- I, CADC- II, CADC- III
  • Website :
  • Address : 3218 Pringle Rd SE #250 Salem, OR 97302
  • Phone # : (503) 378-5499
  • State : Rhode Island
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : The Rhode Island Certification Board
  • Boards Abbrev: RICB
  • Licensing Abbreviations : PADC, CADC, CAADC
  • Website :
  • Address : 298 S. Progress Avenue Harrisburg, PA 17109
  • Phone # : (401) 349-3822
  • State : South Carolina
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : South Carolina Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors, Board of Examiners for Licensure of Professional Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, Addiction Counselors and Psycho-Educational Specialists
  • Boards Abbrev: SCAADAC
  • Licensing Abbreviations : CAC-I, CAC-II, CCS
  • Website :
  • Address : 110 Centerview Dr. Columbia, SC 29210
  • Phone # : (803) 896-4300
  • State : South Dakota
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Board of Addiction and Prevention Professionals
  • Boards Abbrev: BAPP
  • Licensing Abbreviations : ACT, LAC, CAC, CPS,CCDC-I, CCDC-II, CCDC-III
  • Website :
  • Address : 3101 W 41st St #205, Sioux Falls, SD 57105
  • Phone # : (605) 332-2645
  • State : Texas
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals
  • Boards Abbrev: TCBAP
  • Licensing Abbreviations : LCDC, CI
  • Website :
  • Address : 401 Ranch Rd 620 S #310, Lakeway, TX 78734
  • Phone # : (512) 708-0629
  • State : Utah
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
  • Boards Abbrev: DOPL
  • Website :
  • Address : 160 E 300 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84114
  • Phone # : (866) 275-3675
  • State : West Virginia
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : West Virginia Certification Board for Addiction & Prevention Professionals
  • Boards Abbrev: WVCBAPP
  • Licensing Abbreviations : ADC, AADC, CCS, CCJP
  • Website :
  • Address : 436 12th Street, Suite C . Dunbar, WV
  • Phone # : (304) 768-2942
  • State : Wyoming
  • Board Name with Abbreviation as : Wyoming Mental Health Professions Licensing Board
  • Boards Abbrev: WMHPLB
  • Licensing Abbreviations : CAPA, CAP, LAT
  • Website :
  • Address : Capitol Ave, Room 105 Cheyenne, WY 82002
  • Phone # : (307) 777-7788

Search All Online Addiction Counseling Programs